Wednesday, December 6, 2006

Cheers

The seventh cardinal sin is pride, and I chose that as the name for this blog because much as the Roman Catholic church originally forged the severity of each of the seven sins, today's society has invented crippling standards of what a sin is. It must take severe narcissism for me to discount my triviality and write for my beliefs. I admit to this flaw. That out of the way, slash and burn.

Homosexuals make me uncomfortable on occasion. Homophobes, much more so. I have my upbringing to blame for the former. I have free thought to blame for the latter.

I would be a member of piratpartiet if I lived in Sweden. Pity we don't have a similar party in the United States. File-sharing is important, and essential. If I stole your car, you wouldn't have a car. If I make an exact digital copy of music from you, you still have it. Where's the infringement? A real issue is the end salary of musicians compared to the gross profit on their efforts. Sad.

More later.
-A.V.

No comments: